Pages

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Baby update

Well, I was due on Monday and was 2.5 cm dilated, 60-70% effaced, and "still posterior".

Today, we found out I was 3.5 cm dilated, 80-90% effaced, and the head was much further down and seemed to be in better position. I was hooked up to a monitor to check that the baby was still "happy" inside of me and he or she looks "nice and happy" in there for now, but hopefully not for long! Dr. Slotta also stripped my membranes again (she did this on Monday for the first time). She was very optimistic about my progress, and hopes to see me soon in the hospital!

Either way, I'm going to be having this baby by Sunday when I will be induced at 9am if I haven't gone into labor by then. I will be 41 weeks pregnant and there are risks with waiting longer than that. If the baby is born on Sunday, he or she will get to share birthdays with his or her cousin Violetta, so that will be fun!

Stay tuned and hopefully we will be meeting this little sweetheart inside of me in the very near future!

No comments: